View Single Post
Old 2010-01-26, 18:47   Link #36
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
It's just more fun opening a really valuable card than buying it as a single, even if the amount I spent on packs to get it comes out to way more than just buying it would have. (Of course when it comes to actually making a deck I will buy the singles, I'm not insane enough to try to get 4 of every needed card from packs.)

How big a difference is there between the "pretty good" cards and the rest? Does the luck aspect make basically anything at least slightly playable or are there absolute garbage cards that you'd never consider playing under any circumstances? I actually prefer that such cards do exist as they are great skill-testers among other reasons (i.e. someone with skill knows enough to not play them).
I too love it when you open the pack and you get something awesome or the card you want. When I opened my trial deck, I received a silver coin bag, however I had no chance to redeem it in Japan, so I traded for a Zero no Tsukaima pack and a few cards. You can buy the cards alone and it isn't too bad.

It depends on your strategy and what chacteristics your going for. For me I have three characteristics types I can rely on, Dragon, Weapon and Magic. In my opinion luck isn't 100% random; it's depends on the circumstances, preparation, what you have available and how to take action with what you have. If your deck is focused on lvl 0s, you will deal less damage than higher lvl card but you can play them easily and not worry about stock so much. The higher the level, you have to consider stock but you will have more power or better effects to use in the game.

In short yes, if you don't prepare your deck properly, you'll most likely lose. The skill is in preparing and figuring out the probability events happen. For example, the probability of dealing out 20 soul damage in one turn. It's quite unlikely but it does happen if you have the right cards being played at the right time and your opponent doesn't draw a climax during the damage/attack phase.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote