View Single Post
Old 2011-11-13, 10:54   Link #25603
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
There is no 19th person.

Oops. Arbitrary bullshit.
Well actually it is 18人以上の人間は存在しない therefore of course 18 and 19人目の人間は存在しない...the trick is that those HUMANS do not exist, it doesn't hinder the illusion of those people to exist. In the fictions where fantasy and reality can coexist a human is worth as much as a non-human...it's only important when it comes to their actuall power of influence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealym View Post
Indeed. I wonder how fully he thinks out the implications of things he says in interviews. XD
I think to him they are like really good hints. But that's like laughing about a persons inability to solve a question when you looked it up in a solution booklet yourself. The problem is, he seems to have really big problems to think outsode of his own position.

Quote:
That final 18/17 red truth is wonky, regardless, and I think most people resolve it with either "those red truths referred to different realities, even though it sounded like they were talking about the same one".
Actually it's not really that wrong no matter how you consider it. In case that Erika really did wash ashore at Rokkenjima she would have been the 18th human body to exist on Rokkenjima during those days (at least Kinzôs body seems to have existed), so in a way she is the 18th human...but still even if they included her in the mix, when they revealed the true life, death and humanity status of all involved she would still only be the 17th living human if she were alive.
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote