View Single Post
Old 2012-12-22, 15:11   Link #31485
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifloon View Post
I'm not sure it's fair to say you can't understand someone just because they're delusional; considering the amount of time that is spent telling us all about the constructs of Yasu's imagination (probably 50% of the whole Umineko cast can be counted under that somehow) and that we have a pretty good idea what exactly her delusions consist of, I personally find the motive reasonably satisfying and understandable. But, I know that most people here aren't able to accept that Yasu genuinely believes in magic or that she thinks the ceremony will accomplish anything. Of course, it's entirely possible that the motive only applies to PieceYasu in the first place, though it doesn't really make much difference to me whether she did anything in Prime or not.
If Yasu really believed by killing people she would send them on the golden land then she's somehow excusable by the ill intent as she didn't really believe she was doing any harm but this doesn't make her sane.
Also somehow I've hard time into believing she believed in magic as it's not with magic she killed people she only made it look like she used magic by using tricks.

It's Maria who had more chances of honestly believe that they would all go into the golden land as in plenty of instances she tries using magic to get what she wants (see her uhhh uhhh sound) and, when in doubt, she was in denial of everything that seemed to deny her magic theory.
Also people around her often fed her delusion so that she could really believe magic truly existed.

And yes, by what Umineko says it's possible to figure out part of Yasu, how a side of her wanted to hope and another was disilluded, how she longed for someone who loved her, how she felt inferior, how she was still hung up on Battler despite George.
The problem is when we're asked to accept that due to all this it was okay for her to murder everyone.

There's to say Ryukishi in an interview confirmed there's madness in Yasu.
Problem is this level of madness goes out the reasoning range.

So... if she orchestrated a game, either by writing a story and handing it to Battler or by finding a way to make people play it with or without Battler knowing it was a game and then something went wrong and people died it can still be in the boundaries of reasonable.

But if she really went on a murdering spee that ended with her death and the destruction of half of Rokkenjima... then she wasn't thinking straight in a way that goes beyond what is acceptable.

By the way on the Umineko Wikia I've found this... but I can't remember reading it in Umineko.
Someone knows from where it comes from?

Quote:
The Truth

In all stories, there is a single truth.
Within all hearts, there is a single truth.
The girl with the golden hair; the magic she once spun, has come to an end.
The illusion is dead.
The lies have been brought to beg mercy.
The witch has tired of the Golden Land.
One sin has brought much pain and suffering...
And now the child has made her choice.
The Witch has been revived.
But as other witches, she had died after a thousand years of boredom.
No...
She has stopped thinking.
She has stopped loving.
She has loved, so she has seen,
A thousand years. Two days. It's all the same.
But for her, the gold has already withered away.
No longer will she wait.
Her task is now done.

Sleep well, most beloved witch. Your name shall praised.
But it will be your true name we shall forever shed a tear for.

Sleep well, most beloved Yasuda; sleep well, most beloved Lion.

"There will be no happing ending."
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote