View Single Post
Old 2013-03-12, 14:18   Link #902
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecasonic13 View Post
It should be pretty obvious why volume 4's sales aren't as high as the other volumes. After all, it has only been out for two weeks while the other volumes have been out for a year or two and are still ranking and selling 10k+ copies every week. Comparing those sales numbers is pointless, there is no way volume 4 can catch up that fast to the other volumes.

If you want a comparaison that actually makes sense, here is one: Volume 4 sold 397,849 copies in two weeks after its release. In the same amount of time (minus 2 days), Volume 3 had only sold 293,435 copies. Even 4 weeks after its release, volume 3 was still at 387,001 copies sold. Should be fairly obvious that volume 4 is actually doing much better than the previous volumes, not worse.
Pardon me, I assumed the LN sales in Japan worked a little like game sales over there in which they sell huge for the first two or so weeks then dive sharply most of the time. The last couple times I saw Bilbia novels chart they were around 800-600k, so I had thought that was the series standard during their first couple weeks. Thanks for the correction. These books have very crazy legs then!

Quote:
There's a TV Drama adaptation currently airing. There are also two manga adaptations IIRC.
I see, hopefully someone picks up the manga at least.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-03-12 at 15:04.