View Single Post
Old 2010-05-21, 17:57   Link #10421
Raiza Sunozaki

I was going to counter your latest mega-post, Linkin Battler, but then the internet decided to die on me, and Realus covered most of what I wanted to say anyway.

But what still irritates me about your theory is that your still haven't explained how it get's around what I mentioned before. By Knox's 2nd, it is forbidden for supernatural agencies to be employed as a detective technique. Umineko is an even game, so everything that goes for Battler goes for Beato, and vice versa. If Battler is not allowed to use supernatural agencies to solve the mysteries (which is he isn't, by Knox's 2nd), then Beato is not allowed to use supernatural agencies to commit the murders.
I don't think there's much doubt the meta-world counts as a supernatural agency.
So she can't use Meta-Beato to assist in the murders, she can't communicate with Meta-Beato if it means that it helps with murdering people, and she can't rely on Meta-Beato for anything.
Doing so is confusing fantasy with mystery. Umineko has elements of both, yes; but anybody with some moderate intelligence could separate the two. Not doing so is an insult to the mystery genre.
Raiza Sunozaki is offline   Reply With Quote