View Single Post
Old 2012-07-28, 17:19   Link #44
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I suppose this episode for the most part could be considered the first "fun" episode we've seen, though it still had it's purpose as it fleshed out Kirito a little more as a character by introducing some of his family and revealed the game's morality system, which will be good to know for the future so we can tell which characters to look out for and such.

Though, the specifics for orange-level morality kind of confuses me, at first I thought it was someone who only stole things from others, but when Rosalia mentioned that Kirito would go orange-level if he harmed her confused me a bit. Don't you go red-level if you PK someone?

Silica for the most part seemed like a character that was there to please the otaku audience. Her obvious crush on Kirito, the high-pitched squeaky voice, the short scene of her in her underwear (which is TOTALLY pointless in an MMORPG btw) and the numerous tentacled monsters that kept attacking her which I doubt was just a coincidence. She could've been much worse yes, but she didn't really give off the same vibes of a strong and dignified woman like Asuna did in episode 2.

I can't say whether or not she'll be appearing again either. The end of the episode suggested that she won't be though, which is a plus by my standards.

Again, for a filler-esque episode it could have been a LOT worse thanks to Silica, but they managed to refrain from going too over the top, so I really have no complaints.~