View Single Post
Old 2012-08-24, 22:15   Link #25
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonSquared View Post
Finally, and most importantly, we have Haru growing up by turning from a spineless jellyfish of a boy to an iron and steel coated man with rock solid determination and sense of purpose. Watching this journey finally bare fruit was a real pleasure and a really good thing about AW. It will be fun to see what Haru is going to do from now.
He was never a spineless jellyfish, but I very much agree that I enjoyed his development in his episode. I'm especially glad that he's managed to steel himself considering that the last few minutes of the episode were very depressing. And to think that Accel World comes from the same author that wrote Sword Art Online... where's the good fortune you shine upon Kirito "I am incredibly handsome and everyone I meet adores me" Kazuto, Kawahara?

though I do feel sorry for Kuro, I bet that she would cry and give Sky Raker the umbrella treatment if she saw how excited Haru became at the prospect of meeting Sky Raker

HARU STOP EMOTIONALLY CHEATING ON KUROYUKIHIME YOU SLUT

Loved the dream sequence, wonderfully dark and morbid.

I thought it was neat seeing Haru teach Taku something about Accel World he didn't know before (The Incarnate System). I think it's safe to say that Haru can no longer be considered an Accel World newbie if he's teaching things to those who originally served the 'experienced, exposition-giving veterans' role.

I'm not sure what to think of the guidance counselor... his attitude didn't seem particularly sincere, I'm not sure whether he's honestly got Haru's back... the guy beating up Haru on the rooftop pissed me off at first, though based on his reaction after Haru insisted he's innocent, I guess he's just a protective boyfriend rather than a total piece of crap. Though with that said, I wouldn't at all mind see Haru taking him up on his offer 'Hit me as many times as you'd like if I'm wrong.'

I love the fuck out of this show. <3