View Single Post
Old 2011-06-05, 16:35   Link #43
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
I'd hardly call showing a long distance relationship falling apart trolling

But really. We're almost at the halfway point in the series, and Ko's recent connection attempt with Ohana went south. As you said. This isn't a shipping series. So things OTHER that Ohana's relationship with Ko are going to be dealt with. And I can't help but think...how much more different will Ohana be when she finally gets face to face with Ko again? It's questionable how close they are to each other at this point. This latest episode has all this symbolism inside Ohana's mind indicating that she might not feel as reliant on Ko as she used to.

And I don't really see what Ohana's lack of romantic affection for Tohru at this point helps Ko out at all. From my perspective, this theoretical relationship is already spiraling down to the ground independent of Tohru. Tohru shipping it out with Minchi doesn't make the odds for OhanaXKo much better.

People with fevers are stupid and melodramatic Ohana was REALLY out of it for awhile there.
People on this series are often stupid and melodramatic if it's necessary for a plot point...

I think it's necessary to view the Kou and Tohru situations as independent of each other, as it's not an either/or situation - "none of the above" is still the favorite IMO. That's why I think Ohana's total lack of interest in Tohru is relevant whether it helps Kou or not.

That said, Kou was the one who retreated on his own volition - we just don't know how Ohana would have reacted if she'd seen him. Far, far too much effort has been put into that plot for it to simply become irrelevant and disappear this far from the end. One way or the other, that relationship is going to be critical to the ultimate resolution of things.