View Single Post
Old 2007-05-13, 17:44   Link #66
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Spoiler:
I've been thinking about how yaka are created.
Spoiler for yaka:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Seriously, never in my 22 years did I imagine this type of story paying attention to the mysteries surrounding a male character, normally its all about the girls and the male lead is a stand in for the viewer/gamer.
A poignant observation. I'm usually bored with the transparent nature of the player-character in most games. Obviously, the games are made to allow the player to overlay his own personality on the character in a vicarious (or is it voyeuristic?) way. But it makes the game artificial because all the responses, even the "bad" ones, have to be generic and uninspired.

I hope the game designers for Sola take advantage of this. It could add more of a role-playing aspect to the game. You're not just working with how the girls will react, but also what Yorito would do in a situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
In episode 1, Koyori confessed that she felt uneasy calling Mana 'elder sister (= Onee-san)', to which Mana somewhat dejectedly answered 'Yes, I know', which seems to indicate that Mana herself isn't used to be called 'elder sister.' I don't think this is merely a matter of Koyori being cute.
I think it's just an aspect of her always speaking formally. The Ninth Commandment of Moe: Though shalt use proper names for all things.