View Single Post
Old 2007-01-27, 15:12   Link #18
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
It was a decent addition to this last filler arc.

Sure, I do agree the fights were cut short and the villains ended up big talk but biting the dust soon. However, there was cool and keen battle analysis to catch off guard those losers.

The main flaw as you already have pointed out is that the ninja enemies resort too much on their weapons to perform ninjutsu, and the same ground holds true for only Temari and Kankuro; Gaara can pick up any sand from any place not just the one from his gourd.

Later, like everybody else may have noticed this episode displays quite few references to previous arcs in Naruto before the fillers started.
1. Obviously, the return favor from Konoha shinobi to Suna shinobi to pay debt from the Sasuke Retrieval Arc.

2. Ino's low self-esteem and inferiority complex upon ending up useless in battle mirrors Sakura's issue of uselessness from the Chuunin Exam Arc.

3. My favorite scene in this episode was watching Shikamaru and Temari argumenting to each ohter, as if were a couple. I do feel bugged and pestered that Shikamaru always brings up his obnoxious remarks about boys and girls, but I guess is part of the charm between Temari and him.
last filler? for real?