View Single Post
Old 2012-01-10, 01:18   Link #44
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
The characters do all have real names, I just didn't reveal any of them in the introduction. It's a little less confusing once their names and personalities are allowed to shine through, even though they're wearing the "faces" of the original Ushiromiya family, servants, and guests. "Erika," for example, is a shy and eminently polite young woman who is incredibly poorly-suited to portray an intellectual rapist. The goal of the story isn't for her to be Erika; it's for her to try to be Erika and fail because she is herself. There's more, but of course I can't say.
I'll take it that "Shannon" is rather, shall we say, despicable compared to the original if those pictures are to be believed. It also seems that "Battler" and "Erika" are a couple, and apparently quite the close pair. But I think this story may succeed in making me view Erika, or at least someone who looks like her, in a new light, kind of like how the webcomic "Darths & Droids" actually makes Jar Jar Binks not only a likable character, but one of the best ones in the story. In fact, it's the only place where you'll see another character genuinely call Jar Jar a genius. And in context, it's believable.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote