View Single Post
Old 2012-06-19, 11:06   Link #8
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Singapore Toy, Game and Comic Convention 2012

Well-known Japanese cosplayers to attend STGCC 2012

Japanese pop-culture fans have more reasons to look forward to Singapore Toy, Game and Comic Convention (STGCC) 2012 as Reed Exhibitions announces three new personalities who will join this year's line-up.

Touya Hibiki
Touya Hibiki is a famous cosplayer in Japan, well-known for her extremely charming portrayal of male anime and manga characters. Her flawless cosplay of characters such as Tokiya Ichinose (Uta no Prince Sama), Kaito (Vocaloid), Kuranosuke Shiraishi (Prince of Tennis), Kamui and Okita (Gintama) and Saotome Alto (Macross Frontier) has captured the hearts of thousands of fans worldwide. Touya regularly participates as a staff cosplayer for Miku Party (Mikupa), Comiket and many other game events in Japan. She will be making her first appearance in Singapore at STGCC.

Yun Kousaka
Another famous Japanese cosplayer coming to Singapore for the first time, Yun Kousaka is best known for her depiction of sweet, innocent characters from popular anime and manga such as Hasegawa Kobato (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai), Kagura (Gintama), Kaname Madoka (Puella Magi Madoka Magica) and Yamada (Working!). Yun and Touya have also worked together to bring alive dreamy couples from popular anime series such as Gintama and Uta no Prince-sama.

MONOMIND
MONOMIND is a popular Japanese electronic-music label. Made up of DJ haLRu and guest artists, MONOMIND takes pride in spreading its fusion of otaku and club culture to all parts of the world. Known as the mastermind behind Japan's much raved about Touhou club event, Onban Yakoh (Monster Party),DJ haLRu is famed for being the master engineer for popular doujin releases like Anime House Project Series and Enigmatic Lia 4.
DJ battle @ STGCC: DJ haLRu, MONOMIND vs DJ Zanio, ZANEEDS
Japanese pop-culture fans can also look forward to an electrifying DJ battle as DJ Zanio from ZANEEDS battles MONOMIND's DJ haLRu. It promises to be an ultimate Touhou vs Vocaloid showdown that fans will not want to miss.

STGCC 2012 will take place on Sept 1 and 2 at the Sands Expo and Convention Center, Marina Bay Sands. For more information, go to www.singaporetgcc.com

Adapted from press release by Ninemer Public Relations.

As I've been invited, I'll be attending as a member of the media. No, it won't grant me much in the way of special privileges but, what the heck, I may as well use the chance while I can.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote