View Single Post
Old 2006-07-11, 10:31   Link #63
Mr. Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
I'm really questioning if it is indeed true that animation-->otakus-->unsocial.
I'm inclined to believe there is some truth to that statement. If you watch a lot of anime you're being constantly shown ideal versions of people in ideal situations. With enough of that, real life people will start to look drab, boring, flawed, and horrible in comparison. Combine that with other pressures (such as getting bullied in school or having too much acamdemic pressure) and it's not surprising that some people decide to take the road to being a hikikomori.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Scherbe
Are there anyone who loves ED outside Japan?

Overseas anime fans dislike rock?
I loved it, better then the OP in my opinion. Though I prefer the animation of the opening (minus naked Misaki and Kashiwa-sempai ).

The episode was actually better then I thought it would be. For the most part the animation was very good. Fluid movement and drab colors really added to a few of the moments. The first scene with Misaki holding the umbrella in the snow was amazing. Though the animators seem to like severely shortening Satou's forearm. It gets extremely small and loses a ton of detail in a few scenes. The character designs are okay for the most part. Satou is a pretty good transition and so is Misaki. Though I think Misaki's face is a little bit too long. Kashiwa-sempai I think actually looks better in the anime.

As for the things they cut... bleh. The suicide concoction was my favorite part of the first chapter and was extremely funny. And the whole scene with Satou talking with furniture must not have made sense to the anime only watchers because
Spoiler:

All in all, a decent first episode. I'll continue watching it through the end just to see how they adapt it.
Mr. Guy is offline   Reply With Quote