View Single Post
Old 2011-05-13, 12:56   Link #56
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
UTW botched the translation.... The guy was using watching the anime "One Piece" as an excuse to go home early. Nothing about one piece dresses there.
Thanks, that makes a lot more sense. An odd excuse to use in that group, but better than what I though. I was starting to wonder what was up with this anime and cross-dressers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
It never ceases to surprise me how fast these guys find the place.

The hotel the scene was modeled after.
Spoiler:

And the clothes store
Spoiler:
Clearly, they have the capacity to hack into Google Street View's databases, and unleash some kind of advanced image recognition software on them. And they've decided to use their powers for... otaku cred?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
The two lines in question...

Anaru: "Wuan-piisu ino"
Horny middle-aged ephebophile: "Wuan-piisu, asatte..."
Aren't they just college students?

Quote:
Definitely Poppo has some loose screws, need more proof than the episodes last couple of scenes?
Eh. He believes in ghosts. Everything in those scenes comes from there, and I'm not sure I can blame him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I don't get why people are complaining about Menma crying. She cried before yes but the tears at the end were very different.

Before it was sadness for friends and family or just childlike tears (think of when a child tries to have her friends make up and end up crying), but the one that end...ouch.

It's pure frustration. She doesn't know what she is and why she's there. Her friends are broken and she's helpless. First Yukiatsu, then Poppo is begging for her attention and she can't reach them.
She certainly feels like she's failing her friends, but there's also the pain of rejection. I know Poppo's only trying to help, but he sounds an awful lot like he's trying to get rid of her, too.

Quote:
Good job with Yukiatsu though. I've never really been on his hate bandwagon but it's good his wounds, deep and rather unhinged, are starting to heal.
It looks like Tsuruko body-slammed him into the rock bottom. And now he's slowly, and hopefully steadily, going up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
The last scene with Poppo calling Menma had me thinking he might have developed a thing for young girls because of her. He's visited Thailand three times now, judging from his map, hasn't he? I hear the lolita sex industry is pretty developed there. Then he visited Vietnam, and Dubai, and all these other really shady places across South-East and South-West Asia. Dude is obese and a few years off from becoming a full-fledged pedophile. Hopefully the Super Peace Busters save him as well.
First he's too fat, and now this? Can't he have gone there because they're the closest, most affordable places? Not to mention interesting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Yukiatsu, aren't you asking out the wrong person? I mean, for all her coldness and harsh attitude, everything Tsuruko does is all for you. XD

Tsuruko is rapidly rising to be my most favourite character of the show. I mean, just can't help it when she gets awesome oneliners like the squeeze the pus out, and nonchalantly asking Yukiatsu not to use her to improve his self-esteem.
I do love her deadpan manner. Especially with herself.

Quote:
Now if only Yukiatsu is half as flirty with Tsuruko as he was with Anaru... just wanna see Tsuruko's face lol.
As if that'd work. It reminded me of the guy with the wooden sword, in the last episode of Katanagatari. And what Shichika told him.

"Your words are nothing but talk. They don't move me at all."

Sure, he goes through the motions of asking Anaru out. But his heart isn't in it at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
That's my point. As long as she can only speak to Jinta, it requires the rest of the group to take a leap of faith and believe that Jinta is telling the truth.
Eh. She can write.