Thread: Licensed Zettai Karen Children
View Single Post
Old 2008-04-11, 08:10   Link #70
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
What does this even have to do with Lucky Star? Yes, I know of course what this has to do with Lucky Star but that connection is absolutely irrelevant to the story. I hope the humor in this is nothing like that in Lucky Star because I couldn't find much in LS in the first place.

This seems to be about girls blowing stuff up in a simple story. Slayers comes to my mind.
Slayers was definitely more involved though and its story, while simple, had a pretty heady backstory to it that most anime can't even hope to match (thanks to all the novels out there by Kanzaka). And most anime, no matter how action oriented can boast that the entire cast was killed of then came back. I don't know, I wouldn't ever equate Slayers as just 'simple'.

If there's any genre I'd put Slayers in, it'd be an adventure anime like Full Metal Alchemist. It's not the typical shonen or anything either. As with Zettai Shonen, it definitely feels like the good old girl-sentai of older times. Maybe like Alien Nine without the super-creepy puberty allusions.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote