View Single Post
Old 2012-10-18, 04:19   Link #87
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Actually the main characters from the last few harem series that i have seen, do have a goal. So i have no idea which ones you are talking about.

As for "we" want, we "the foreigners" are usually not included in the target audience for harem animes in japan. Some series with these socalled "uninteresting" MC's actually sold very well. Why would the producers change their formula?
And SAO is selling extremely well right now, with a male lead that is the very answer to what backbone is looking for.

Frankly, that invalidates your argument here, imo.

Quote:
Also most of the harem series these days originate from popular light novels. So these animes try to satisfy the japanese otaku's (and i doubt that they are "alpha males") and not "us"
You don't have to be an alpha male in order to like one. Batman is quite the alpha male, and I'm sure he has millions of fans who are not alpha males.

Quote:
I don't mind being treated as a doormat in some cases.
Really? You like people walking all over you?

Most people don't like being treated like doormats, so why would we want to identify with a guy that's being treated that way?

Quote:
As such, i am pretty sure there are more people like myself who are M to certain type of heroines (tsunderes, kuuderes, etc)
Wouldn't you rather be on equal footing with the type of heroine that you like? A healthy relationship is one between people who treat each other as equal partners in life, not one where one feels that they can get away with constantly walking all over the other one.