View Single Post
Old 2012-11-11, 14:44   Link #26
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
I have another question. say I upgrade my WLM to the skype integration bla, what will happen to the contacts in my list. I mean will everyone become available on the "skype messenger"? I had a friend who went over to use skype but he kept on showing as offline on my list. Do people who do not upgrade basically get banned out of the communication service between the two clients?

edit; Okay I switched to Trillian which seems so much better than just using Skype as it allows me to remain in contact with my WLM friends.
The entire process of making the account has been hell so far and still has not been resolved. Basically the making of the account is full automatic so I had no idea what my nickname or password is and are.
I thought well hey let us not link it to my already active skype account maybe I can set a proper username but as I found it it is not possible and set it tot he lines of my email which is an old improvised one and so I was not pleased.
Not only that I was not given the option to add a password so I figured hey it is probably the old WLM password, nope! I can log in automatically on their website with the log in with windows account but can't change my password since I do not know the old one and so I can also not log in on the Skype program itself. And why requesting my password does not work? Easily cause my active skype account which has nothing to do with messenger except I registered it to that email is the one Skype thinks I want to change if I request it since you cannot request your password username based. So I had to wait 2 hours for the emails to arrive but they were also for the wrong account. Now I just want to merge those contacts to my active skype account of which everything works but there is no such option in the user options. I am hating this process already. I might need a mod just to figure out my password because their service sucks.
I thought that maybe I could change the primary email linked to the active skype account to another email address to solve the double linked accounts but that option is also not available in your account options on Skype. You are only able to set it to one and never change it again, you can add more but not change the primary email it seems.

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2012-11-11 at 17:40.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote