View Single Post
Old 2012-11-15, 09:00   Link #1483
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think it's just a matter of what you define as a "Kirino ending". We're in the middle of a three volume arc that revolves around Kirino, so whatever the ending is, she'll be at the center of it somehow. The novels have to cover the romantic feelings both Kirino and Kyousuke have for each other, but how it chooses to resolve this and end the story is a different question. That is even assuming the novels will end with a clear unambiguous ending, which isn't something we can take for granted either.

Personally, I do think a "form" of a Kirino ending is among the possibilities, but I have a hard time imagining the novels taking too serious a turn in the last volume.

(I'm also still of half a mind that the author is going to go with some sort of gimmick, like having multiple "canon endings" in multiple different media (or as additional novels), or some odd thing. We'll see what happens...)
Sorry, when I say Kirino end I mean a true romantic ending, not the loving sibling ending that is most likely going to occur. She is one of the main characters so it makes sense everything will revolve around her in the end. Well I am sure Kirino has romantic feelings for Kyousuke, I am still not convinced he sees her in that way. Thats true, it is suppose to be a RomCom so if it didn't have a clear end I wouldn't be shocked, but I would actually be disappointed because it feels like the author is setting himself up for one.

As I said, I think they will finally patch their relationship and be really ... REALLY close siblings, but that is it. As you said, I don't expect a series that has always been pretty light hearted to take a serious dramatic turn.

Hmmm, I wouldn't mind that at all, he has set himself up for multiple possible endings so if he wants to fiddle around and do multiple different endings that is fine by me
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote