View Single Post
Old 2009-04-10, 05:22   Link #105
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Animation Program and Movie Average Television Household Audience Ratings in the Kantou Region of Japan (Tokyo, Yokohama, Kawasaki, Saitama, Chiba, etc.)

*4.8% (--.-%) 04/09 (Thu) 24:45-25:15 Fuji TV Higashi no Eden (Eden of the East) (New)

That's Noitamina doing good. Recent shows like Genji and Antique Bakery weren't able to hit these numbers (Nodame Paris Chapter was, though). Then again, the timeslot's popularity does stem from a Umino Chika show, the character design might really play a part here. I also reckon this has the potential to have very satisfying DVD sales, but I'm clearly just taking wild guesses (and being hopeful, too).

The character design isn't the element I like the most in the show, but there's so much more to love. Everything looked fantastic (most particularly the backgrounds, which looked like so much effort was put into them), Hayami Saori was fantastic, the story moved in a direction that did not bore me once. Any of my expectations have been far surpassed.

Wow, hell of an opening. Lets see if they can keep it up what with this being an original work and all.

Anyways yea I watched it, although it's kinda hard to keep up with raw. I'll stick with it if only for the fact that it's real unique. FANTASTIC ART DIRECTION, feels like I am back at home (DC area native) but seriously some silly stuff happened.

Spoiler for first ep wierdness:
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote