Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-10-28, 04:36   Link #4511
npcomplete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The caffeine and other ingredients are nothing... its the "not really sugar" corn fructose (corn syrup) that is "teH 3V1L" in modern US soda pop (and probably the culprit in much of the national obesity). 6 cans of soda a day adds about 1200+ calories to your diet. When you couple that with the problem that this is one of the "false" sugars that don't trigger the brain's "had enough" signal... it means you drink it all and still feel hungry, overeating even more.
Yeah I've read about that before. I haven't heard anything about addictive properties though in terms of physiological effects although I wouldn't be surprised if there were any. From experience his symptoms are the same as mine when I go without caffeine/coffee for more than a day

Quote:
Soda can be a treat... but drink the ones made with *real* cane sugar (local microbrew soda, mexican coca-cola, etc) and you'll find you "need" much less and it will taste better anyway. LOOK at the ingredients in those "energy" drinks as well :P
There's glass-bottled root beer and cream soda using cane sugar in my local supermarket that's quite yummy but I don't buy often simply it's too expensive And it's only one brand, the other (cheaper) brands use corn syrup.