View Single Post
Old 2010-08-31, 11:36   Link #260
Star-Wing
Covered in Darkness
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Star-Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Heero's back-story had to be addressed at some point though. We know nothing him about prior to his appearance alongside Odin Lowe in AC 188.
There was a time when I just wanted to know about the g-pilots parentage <3 I just hope they follow it up with all the characters rather then just Heero. I really don't want them to focus only on Heero...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Heero was clearly tagging along with Odin as a small toddler, so he was with Odin for quite some time. And in any case, we know nothing about Duo before he was a street kid either- or Wufei before only a year prior to the series. So why Heero? There's a TON of orphans in the After Colony timeline. It shouldn't particularly matter.

I'll be VERY disappointed if they address something like parentage without or before addressing Heero's quite frankly puzzling and never even TOUCHED upon superhuman biology.
Umm...remember episode 24? Where Quatre shot Trowa when Tro was in Vayete? After that, Trowa moved a scrap of metal from in front of him. Frankly, scrap or not, if it was a part of his MS he shouldn't have been able to just move it like that (especially after he got hit and started bleeding O_O). Plus he survived the blast when Vayete exploded even though he was right in the center of the blast and his suit got damaged worse then what Wing got. All Trowa suffered was a memory lapse which might be accounted to the lack of oxygen in space (I guess he must have had suffered other injuries but nothing he didn't get cured from). All I am trying to say is that all the pilots underwent training to become the gundam pilots (Trowa the least, if I remember correctly) and this training is the reason for their super strength; I just gave Trowa's example cuz it's totally obvious. Since Heero was trained from an even younger age, it's natural for him to be stronger (personally, how come Trowa's so strong is what I want to know...).
Even Duo and Wufei could control their autonomous functions (back in the Lunar base, xD). It's just that Heero's focused upon too much (and I love him soo much too); I hope they focus on others in the novel, but frankly.....focusing on adults g-pilots doesn't make me so excited but I still want to read the novel (cuz it's addicting, none the less).

Quote:
I didn't like Dr.J surviving either but what Sumizawa has done isn't much different than what Tomino did with the Zeta movie trilogy.

Retcons are bound to happen after a story is revived many years later. And while Preventer 5 can't be considered canon if FT is, have any plot-points from Episode Zero been contradicted?
Hmm...silly me but I can't see why Preventer 5 is contradicted? Personally, I wish Sumizawa would have completed this (and someone should have animated this + episode zero + battlefield of pacifists + *list goes on*)

Quote:
Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

While shipping has contributed greatly to GW's lasting popularity, I admire Sumisawa for creating a story that will truly expand AC and not just cater to certain parts of the fan-base.

I'm looking forward to Glory of the Defeated too but won't really care if it doesn't feature or reinforce popular couples.
When I read some comments around, I got scared that maybe I am alone in loving this novel -_-
But glad to have a partner in crime around (Parings don't matter much to me as much as the friendship concept of GW does )

Quote:
In name, anyway ;D
Yea, since someone in their so called family married in other's family