View Single Post
Old 2010-12-04, 02:44   Link #1065
wingzerosnuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnight View Post
You know, I've seen heaps of anime with brainwash arcs and this is always the case:

The announcer goes: *melancholic voice* "There's no other way except to kill him/her." *they make no eye contact whatsoever. look down to the floor with their irises shaking and way shinier, while they clench their fists to their sides*

This kind of plot is one heavy baked cheesecake. In the end, "OMG LOVE IS THE MOST POWERFUL THING IN THE UNIVERSE" [Taylor Swift song right there] and then we see the brainwashed chick/dude going back to their senses, breaking the laws of science that stated there was no other way but killing them off. They snap out of it after an epic one on one with their lover. Afterward they go crying either while running to the arms of their lover to say sorry blah blah blah or because it's too late, they already stabbed/shot their lover and he/she goes smiling while falling to the floor bleeding and saying "I love you. I'm glad you're back." and then die right there. *EYEROLL*

Seriously. This was always the case in ALL the anime I've seen with brainwash arcs. And I know I'm not the only one saying this in the back of their minds.

Man I hope this isn't what's going to happen because even though I'm a 1xR supporter, this isn't their thing. Cheesecakes + shounen = NOT shounen
You mean like with Euphie? xD

There are exceptions though. Fushigi Yûgi had Tamahome (played by Hikaru Midorikawa aka Heero) brainwashed by Yui (played by Yumi Touma aka Sally/Mrs. Darlian). Miaka (played by Kae Araki aka Hilde xD) snapped him out of it albeit after Hotohori (played by Takehito Koyasu aka Zechs) beat the shit out of him.

It can go either way.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote