View Single Post
Old 2012-09-10, 22:17   Link #1280
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
Spoiler for rant vol 11:
I don't really think the novel is casting anyone as "evil" here...from what I can tell the girls have already ironed things out between them and the revelations now have more to do with explaining why there's so much tension between Kirino and Manami than having anything to do with their feelings for Kyousuke and basically just brought Manami back to our collective consciousness with an even grander presence than before. Seriously, you got to give the girl credit for pulling off what she did without shaking her nice girl persona, not flinching, knowing when to fold and cut loses, and basically being cocksure of her way of life. Traits which I admire in a person. All this volume did was make Manami's characterization harder to accurately define...because I think she really IS a nice girl despite the scheming-everything she says or does makes me believe that part of her is genuine, but at the same time, you can't really be SURE...and the fact that nothing explicit is stated makes her all the more fearsome. The novel pretty much explained why nobody wants to mess with her and why some of the characters hold her in high regard.

As it stands now...she's even scarier than AYASE.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote