View Single Post
Old 2013-01-21, 19:53   Link #16
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

-{A1}- [Best Storyline & Plot]
  • Fate/Zero
Story was best aspect of it for me so easy choice.

-{A2}- [Best Visuals & Animation]
  • Hyouka
Hyouka was Kyoani's best series visually to me yet, so it is my choice here by a wide margin.

-{B0}- [Best Action-Adventure]
  • Fate/Zero
I felt were better series than Fate/Zero for this, since it was more story focused, but I guess others disagree.

-{B1}- [Best Fantasy]
  • Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
Getting forced into Fate/Zero for Action/Adventure makes me not want to put it here, so was Jinrui or SAO.

-{B2}- [Best Science Fiction]
  • Accel World
While Pirates was definitely a great sci-fi, it just didn't do enough with it compared to Accel World.

-{B3}- [Best Horror]
  • Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
-{B4}- [Best Mystery]
  • UN-GO episode:0 Inga-ron
I slightly preferred Un-go to Hyouka's slower paced Mysteries.

-{B5}- [Best Drama]
  • Kokoro Connect
It's unique story made the drama more unpredictable, and more enjoyable than normal for me, especially in the arcs past the first.

-{B6}- [Best Romance]
  • Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
While I enjoyed it far perfect in this genre, but the idea of Chuunibyou winning "romance" is absurd to me, so I'd vote almost any series over it .

-{B7}- [Best Comedy]
  • Yuru Yuri♪♪
While Jinrui was great, Yuru Yuri S2 was even more funny than S1 for me making it easily best comedy this year for me.

-{B8}- [Best Slice of Life]
  • Tari Tari
-{B9}- [Best Sports]
  • Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A
2nd toughest as I really loved both(Saki and Chihayafuru) for this aspect of them.

-{C1}- [Best TV Series]
  • Fate/Zero
Overall it was my 2nd favorite of the year, so I suppose it deserves the vote here .

-{C2}- [Best OVA]
  • A-Channel: A-Channel+smile
-{C3}- [Best Movie]
  • K-On! Movie
I flopped on this from my previous ranking of Un-go and K-on! movies .

-{D1}- [Best Female Lead]
  • Kuroyukihime
Third toughest category, while none were my top nominee; all 4 of them are great characters, it's very close between Kuroyukihime and Shizuku for me.

-{D2}- [Best Male Lead]
  • Koyomi Araragi
More so for performance in Kuro than Nise, but I always enjoy Araragi's sense of justice, self sacrifice, and humor .

-{D3}- [Best Antagonist]
  • Kotomine Kirei
No doubt without him as the Antagonist F/Z couldn't have been nearly as great, imo.

-{D4}- [Best Side-Character]
  • Toki Onjouji
While Fukube is amazing when it comes to just one I prefer Toki , and other 2 choices are alright.

-{D5}- [Best World Setting]
  • Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
This honestly toughest category by far this year, all 4 series did amazingly well with the setting, I am happy with any of them winning.

-{D6}- [Best Credits Theme]
  • Yume no Naka no Watashi
Not quite my personal favorite of the year, but it was an great song and animation.

-{D7}- [Best Soundtrack]
  • Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon
Honestly I found F/Z's OST be rather overrated it has 2-3 great tracks, and the rest felt like nothing special to me, and Horizon was my 4th choice since none of the 3 I actually thought deserve this got here; I still can't believe how little people rated Accel World for the OST, oh well.

-{D8}- [Best Ongoing Series]
  • Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
While Shin Sekai Yori and Psycho-Pass have been great, I still love Sakurasou .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote