View Single Post
Old 2011-05-26, 02:39   Link #50
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

To try suggesting a few others, I didn't mention previously:
Astarotte no Omocha! - Please Please Please Please Please do not take the premise/summary to be an accurate measure of the show[it really isn't at all] and give the show a chance for 3 or 4 episodes ; it's really in my opinion the most underrated show this season. It's less ecchi than even Hidan no Aria generally is and it's got really great art style[again my opinion], and is so far a cute heartwarming family drama and rarely comedy series. And has some rather interesting twists that stop it from being your standard kugimiya tsundere romance series . Also the Main males should be fine for you to relate to once too . [Curse the premise of it making me write so much for people to give it a chance ].

Sora no Woto - Depending on your take on the series it's either enjoyable to watch, but it could be one of the series to bore you. Though a number of people[including me] considered to be good, so I am mentioning, despite the claims of it being "K-On in the miltary" or something it's really it's unique show and story.

Canaan - a decent gun girl series with some yuri-subtext especially towards the end and amazing animation, though given how it starts you might have the same feel towards it as you did with darker than black, so not sure if you'll like it.

Kobato. - a cute funny and overall heartwarming series with some drama and romance at times, plus Kana Hanazawa is the lead girl in a character who's personality to fit her voice perfectly . And it had quite a satisfying ending.

Given you mentions of shounen and lack of response before I'll also bring up Needless to give a chance too.
MAL