View Single Post
Old 2008-12-18, 12:35   Link #1358
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.P. View Post
I'm referring to the fact that she cared enough about him to go back to the restuarant when he was rampaging instead of staying with Kenichi or retrieving her father. That says to me that she's giving him priority but I suppose that's just my intepretation.

Shigure's weaponhunting is done in an attempt on her part to atone for her fathers supposed sins which goes back to my point of parental influenvce on children being prevalent in this manga.

My point isn't that they're not at war my point is that the war was more like a cold war until Ryozanpaku took on a disciple. So before the escalation in affairs is there any real reason why Kensei would have to leave his family in order to battle Yami. Finally it's not like he lacks enemies back home.
I could be wrong but I never had the impression that this war only restarted due to Ryozanpaku taking on a disciple since this war been going on for ages and they are far from fighting only through disciples. The masters are fighting Yomi itself to and they would've had stopped them doing their filthy bussines if Kenichi arrived or not. And that's why it's my impression that Kensei could've ended up at Ryozanpaku due to circumstances with Yomi since Ryozonpaku was shown before as the counterbalance to Yomi. I don't think he just ended up their to neglect his parental responsibilities and everyone is entitled to his own opinion and I respect your opinion that you got such a nice view of how a parent-child bond should be but I want to give Kensei the benefit of the doubt.