View Single Post
Old 2010-07-22, 21:39   Link #234
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiking_Bear View Post
The similarity suggests a connection with Obito. That's the point - that this is a clue, not a smoking gun. Tobi's warping ability is one of the few clues we have about his identity. And it does point to Obito. If it points to someone else as well, then let's hear it.
I already said it could point to the MS. If the MS has all the same abilities across all the Uchiha, then it wouldn't matter if the eyes in Tobi's head were Obito's, Madara's, Shisui's, Fugaku's, etc.

Quote:

I have already hypothesized that.
Where? Your last post in this thread briefly mentioned Zetsu as being relevant, but you did not argue that Zetsu created Tobi from Obito.

Quote:
If we waited until we knew everything about Zetsu, then it wouldn't be speculation at all.
Then I'm speculating that Zetsu is hundreds of years old.

Quote:
Or maybe it's not.
Or maybe it is.

Quote:
It would be debunked if Minato cut off Tobi's right arm and it was shown to be a real arm (i.e. showing that Minato was responsible for Tobi having an artificial right arm). The left hand doesn't debunk anything, sorry.
What? Both of Tobi's arms are equally fake and both have been destroyed at separate times in the series (Torune recently and Minato 16 years previous), and in both instance the arm falls off with a plop and a gooey mess. Consequently, arguing about Obito's potentially missing right arm as being some sort of connection to Tobi's right arm is a bit bunkus (additionally, edo tensei revivies the entire body, not just pieces, and Zetsu's clone technique seems to make an entire body).

Quote:
They were related. The connection between Naruto and Nagato was established during Nagato's talk with Naruto. Jiraiya's story about Naruto was inspired by Nagato. So, thanks for pointing that out. You've just given precedence to a connection existing between Obito and Tobi.
I apologize. I meant to imply that just by comparing their names, your argument leads to the conlusion that Nagato and Naruto were the same person just as easily as Obito and Tobi. That is the connection I meant to imply, but I obviously failed.

Quote:
False? What does "No bearing on the current storyline" mean? Every new chapter that Kishimoto writes has a bearing on the storyline - flashbacks included.
The editorial comment was not, or at least I did not read it as, an actual question (from the author) as to the identity of the mysterious masked man, rather it reflected the tension that Minato and Kushina felt (must the same as the editorial comments in the past predicting the deaths of Naruto or Sasuke were not meant to be taken literally, but rather as comments to emphasize mood, etc).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote