Thread: Bleach Q&A
View Single Post
Old 2010-12-01, 01:37   Link #2232
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
Is Soifon's bankai considered "mastered" by Byakuya's standards?
Personally, I don't think she's used her Bankai for the sum total of all but maybe a few hours tops throughout all her hundreds of years as a shinigami. Because she apparently has a clear and profound hatred for her Bankai since it's too big, too flashy, offends her pride, and doesn't mesh well with her preferred fighting style and techniques. Even her own VC has gone on record for saying he's never once seen it prior to their fight against Barragan. And you have to admit, it would probably be a rather difficult Bankai to practice using without your VC and the rest of the Gotei 13 knowing about it.

Plus there's entirely too many flaws with her Bankai to make it seem like she's come anywhere's close to mastering it. I mean she feels she has to wear a "Ginjotan" just to handle the recoil. And for so many Bankai's to be capable of multiple different attacks (or options at the very least), it's somewhat hard to believe that Soifon's Bankai will forever be limited to launching a massive missile. With practice, she might be able to overcome the recoil and become more mobile while using it. She might also be able to turn that missile into a homing missile, or a missile that breaks apart into hundreds or thousands of smaller homing missiles. I guess my point here is that I see a lot of untapped potential within Soifon's Bankai for me to consider it mastered.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote