Thread: Hataraki Man
View Single Post
Old 2006-10-13, 14:01   Link #69
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Well, wasn't that just lovely?!

For several years, I used to work as a freelancer for a film magazine and let me tell you that the creative atmosphere portrayed in Hatarakiman hit so close to home it just isn't even funny!

Despite the fact that I adored the Noitamina shows from start to finish, I could never relate either to hyperemotional Hagu from Hachikuro, nor to the outlandish glamour of Parakiss. However, let me tell you, the atmosphere in JIDAI is quite true to reality. I am, of course, a European, so those Japanese salarymen-freaks with their workaholic attitude are not my cup of tea (as in, I'd never work that way for anyone, period), but it still hit a nerve.

That whole GANBARE thing that happens to Hiroko when she she is trying to psyche herself up in order to write a good article, when you sort of meander here and there, not being able to focus and then BANG, you get an epiphany and do some genius work... man, I did that too! On numerous occasions! 8)

But... they don't have computers! It must be some kind of a special punishment that Matsukata is writing her stuff on paper. I'd never do that. And she is such a poor dear... so many days without sex. She must be devastated to come home every day and find Shinji asleep (so that's how those hentai plots are born!).

So, to put it simply, I loved it. Good work, production people, you didn't do anything special with animation, but it was a treat to see Hatarakiman.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote