View Single Post
Old 2010-10-20, 16:25   Link #29
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
You know, as convenient as it would be to blame Shueisha and the editors for the fact that Kishi is a terrible writer...........no. Just no.

Show me documented evidence that Shueisha demanded there be an armadillo penis in the story and I will retract every negative thing I ever said about Kishi.
-I don't think people are actually placing blame on Shueisha and the editors for all of Kishimoto's screw-ups. But DeDe has a point. Prior to this, we've had a much more mature and thoughtful Naruto. Ok so he wasn't Shikamaru or anything, but the current Naruto we know would not be THIS gullible. All of a sudden it seems his I.Q took a nosedive by 80 points.

-Now while I cannot defend the armadillo penis, we do know from Kishimoto's interviews that Shueisha wanted several things to be added to the story. The first one that comes to mind is Sasuke is himself. He was never planned originally but Shueisha made Kishimoto create a rival for Naruto. I guess a boy who has a demon sealed within him, has no parents and an entire village hating his guts wasn't good enough or something. The second is creating stories for Suigetsu, Juugo and Karin. Kishimoto never planned to do much with them yet Shueisha made him create stories for them too.