View Single Post
Old 2011-04-05, 11:37   Link #1492
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
What do you mean by fiddling to get music? My version already had music when I installed it without any problems whatsoever.
I think a lot of people had to extract them from a CD before having them play into the actual game. And a lot of people decided to replace the original score with that arrange album that came out later, because as a whole the general opinion is that the music is very very annoying/bad, and the arranges at the very least made them more bearable.

"On topic", however, I wouldn't recommend Fate to a first time player. It's interesting, but far too big. Back then, I think the first title I ever read was Planetarian, which was very short but easy to get into, not to mention it had a very pretty story which, if played on a rainy day, made it quite atmospheric. Nowadays there are tons of other good (short) titles out there, though. Depending on what sort of person you are, a lot of small games like the Nitro+ ones have been translated and you could probably get into those. The only con I see is that they're usually written in a very mature way and more often than not deal with very touchy subjects such as rape etc.

Anyway, Higurashi seems like it might be a good place to start. If a bit confusing, it can get pretty interesting not too long into it, and since it's divided into the whole different episodes you get a climax early on, without having to read through a "whole" game. Plus, it has all of those club activities to help newcomers get used to the craziness by introducing likeable characters doing funny stuff.