View Single Post
Old 2012-10-09, 05:07   Link #194
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
It seemed to me that the romance isn't going too fast. It's been a few weeks at least.
It still went by pretty fast, with not enough development. The episode went from Shizuku freaking out and being upset then nervous to her being completely OK with being intimately close to Haru and then confessing to him just like that. There were not enough scenes that show her getting used to her feelings and such. (I suppose this worked better in the manga, I've found that this sort of thing is usually easier to express in manga.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Your comments on Haru made me suddenly realize- this is a gender switched Manic Pixie Dream Girl plot.
You're right - it really is. Thing is, though, Haru is just too conveniently perfect, the way Manic Pixie Dream Girls usually are. Not in the sense of being flawless (obviously), but he's cute, he's crazy smart, he's utterly devoted (and pretty possessive from what I can see, I wonder if they'll address that or just play it as most other manga do, as a sign of how much the guy loves the girl and nothing more), laid-back and does things his own way, is tough and talks macho, but has a "surprisingly" soft side, confident enough to "lead" the relationship, I'm sure he also has an angsty past/family situation that will make us feel sorry for him, etc, etc etc... so far the other characters feel relatively realistic, but Haru is like a walking fantasy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeman1884 View Post
Spoiler for Thoughts on ep 2:
Yeah, I'm sure it wasn't intended as such but it had all the wrong overtones. I wasn't bothered by the rape line in the first ep (soooo not getting into that debate, though) but that rooftop scene in this ep was pretty creepy, especially since it came out of the blue... for a moment I thought he really was doing something bad to her.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote