View Single Post
Old 2009-02-10, 19:13   Link #1269
cerrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
So, you´re telling me that she forgot Nanase existed? Well, that must have made for an awkward reunion when she returned to Frontier and Nanase woke up...

Actually, I just remembered that she left a letter for Nanase before leaving. So that exonerates her a bit, although I would have expected a bit more for her best friend over the next four episodes.

Oh, well... I guess when they let go Nanases voice actor, she kinda fell off the board for the creators of the series, too. Still not the best portrayal of best friends for Rankas side. Although from Nanases side it was maybe a bit unhealthily yuri.
Man...Nanase is a whole other issue. If I could I would have voted her as one of the worst character of '08.

One of the great ironies of Frontier is that Nanase was suppose to be Ranka's best friend and her greatest supporter. In truth, Nanase actions are overshadowed by those of GARby, Alto, and Beara. As a support charcter, Nanase failed to bring depth to Ranka's character by association and most definintly made no contributions to Ranka's growth and development. The irony of it all is that Sheryl ends up being Ranka's most significant supporter and is one of the two catalysts that forces Ranka's growth.

Nanase's only significant role in Frontier was to become a vegetable which caused our little shota Luca to grow into something of a man. Other than that Nanase really served no purpose in Frontier.