View Single Post
Old 2013-08-04, 19:02   Link #9480
Sol Falling

I'm pretty fond of Nagi as a human character. Athena and Maria are the only attractive romantic options though. Ruka has gone down in my estimations since jumping into the romantic game so aggressively, so I admit to becoming slightly disengaged with the manga recently. I generally do appreciate Nagi's manga plotline though, so the story is keeping me engaged on that level.

Although romance was presented as a fairly cogent theme up to the Greece arc, I've actually got zero interest in HtG as a harem series. The sincerity behind the romantic themes of the series has really fallen lately (when was that last time I saw Ayumu...?) which is why I have no appreciation for Ruka being shoehorned into it. As far as I'm concerned, the story explicitly put aside romance (via Athena, i.e. Hayate's perfect romantic candidate) to focus on more general/universal themes (like wealth, misfortune, motivation, the creative act, and sustaining a livelihood -- all wrapped up in a fundamental/central concept, the 'power of royalty'), so it's those themes (which are much more tied to Nagi than Hayate right now) which I'm currently interested in. Ruka was much more interesting to me when she was struggling between debt and her dream/desire to be a manga author than now as she's chasing after Hayate.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote