View Single Post
Old 2008-08-04, 00:48   Link #5
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

For now, I might as well post a few thoughts I have, before I forget while waiting a possibly long while for volumes 3-12 to arrive...
(By the way, I could have bought 13-16+SS, but I bought four other books instead.)
(Reason for stopping at vol.12?... Guess.)
---

Most of the thoughts are targeted at vol.2, by the way.

-For one thing, there are times where the book goes into wayyy to much explanation. I see the point to, but at the same time, I couldn't help but feel my interest in reading this volume draining everytime there are pages on this or that or some other stuff.

-"Anything is possible"
It seems the author really is writing with this mindset. While I understand this is a fantasy and unrealistic, there are times where it just seems... like she's pulling all kinds of "impressive scenes" and then uses her power as the author to go "Oh, don't worry. This is the reason" which brings about yet more pages of description.
One thing that really tested believability was
Spoiler:

-There are a number of moments where it seems the author just wanted to use a word. I understand using a foreign language for spells and stuff, but all of a sudden and no reason, she goes "hermit" or something... It isn't terminology or anything...

-Komoe, Mikoto, Kaori... None of them make a single appearance...

-Touma's straightforwardness was impressive to me in the first volume. By this volume and mostly the latter half, he started irritating me.
In the end, I think he snaps way too much. Maybe carry some ice around to chill his head on...

-I kind of understand why the manga skipped this volume now. I wonder just how well the anime plans to do this arc, considering all of the explanations and such...
What's more, this volume's heroine, Aisa... From what I heard, she's air and doesn't really do much from now on...

Spoiler for one more thing:

Mah... I just hope future volumes improve, since I don't have the hobby of wasting money.
By the way, Vol.2 wasn't absolutely horrible. The first half was rather decent with the somewhat shocking events... The first half, anyways.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)