Thread: World of Tanks
View Single Post
Old 2011-02-12, 21:10   Link #18
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I believe they are leechers in my opinion... Since you don't need to get kills in order to get rewards (although you will get a greater reward if you do get kills) it seems people are just taking that lazy way of doing things and just getting that small reward anyway without any attempt, but when the enemy tries to take the base from you. Then they will "attempt" to do something about it, mostly camping the base.
Looks like you've had teams with a lot of artillery. Artillery has two massive advantages: They have huge range and deal tons of damage.

Their main disadvantage? They're also made out of cardboard. Even light tanks can one-shot an artillery.

Charging in with an arty is nothing short of suicide, so the best way for most players to fight with them is to stay back and shoot. When used properly this can be very effective, with the stronger and faster tanks charging in and the artillery providing support fire. I've seen this completely destroy camper teams. The downside is that if you have tanks with 3/4th artillery, a lot of them will be very hesitant to leave the base. Cardboard armor tends to invoke the coward in players.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote