Thread: Velvet Kiss
View Single Post
Old 2011-05-09, 20:19   Link #53
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
One of the things that I enjoy about Hentai (more often print than animated) is that sometimes I forget I'm supposed to be you-know-what because the story turned out to be more interesting. Very rarely I run across a similar "problem" in some online written erotic stories, too. Also, nearly all images of genitalia in erotic portrayal are self censored in Japan. Even hardcore stuff. If you see uncensored stuff on the net, it was either removed/redrawn/cleaned up by a fan, or it was released uncensored for markets outside of Japan.
Some stuff is lightly censored when they are published in tanks. A single thin black bar, that's all.

Quote:
If anyone is interested in this type of erotic fiction, I recommend the manga Musa. A fair warning, it deals with some very adult themes, but some of you might like it. Well, maybe not at first...... If you read it, or have read it, let me know what you thought.
I'm afraid I would really hate that. Even if it has great story telling and characterization... I just rage so easily, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
NTR is applied to so much stuff these days I think it's lost some definition. Guy/Girl has sex with other people = NTR, nowadays. It used to be applied to more rage inducing scenarios involving cheating, and still is in some cases, but it's used way too liberally these days. I believe Musa handles the matter of conflicted relationships in a more mature and realistic way than most stories you could apply NTR to. I'd hardly call either Musa or Velvet Kiss romantic though I will admit that Musa is more tragic/bittersweet.
Why I say there needs to be another word, lol.

Quote:
I don't consider Velvet Kiss romantic because at least for now the relationship between the two leads is essentially sexual and forced. He doesn't have much choice but to do what she wants.
I think there are slight races of romance already and some real romance could develop in this series down the line. I hope it does. Harumi Chihiro does it so well.

Quote:
Anyway, when I said people might like it, I meant they might like another erotic story that isn't just about getting to the next sex scene. Since that's fairly uncommon, I thought it might be nice to point out other examples, for example A Peephole (Nozoki Ana).
I'll second that. I love that series, great characters, tantalizing art and it's sooo funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Regarding Kano's stepmom, I think there are possible ulterior motives for Nitta and Kano that are less than benevolent.

A.) She may see Kano's lifestyle as a burden on the family. If she focuses on Nitta, she may get her act together, then possibly think about helping the family business.
B.) It may be a patriarchal family where only the man of the family inherits the business and fortune, so she could want Nitta himself to take over
C.) Because Kano's lifestyle is a moneysink, her stepmother may want her to marry into someone else's family liek Nitta's so that she is out of the picture and no longer wants the family fortune.
I doubt the business needs help, that Nitta is needed to run it, and that they are short on money. I think the step-mother's ulterior motives are definitely for her own benefit though. We need some kind of antagonist, right?