View Single Post
Old 2010-08-12, 11:39   Link #37
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
Token = Koreans need sleep too. South Korean MMOers are hardcore 18h/day players so they've implimented the amount of playing time you can clock in in some games. I recently read this on a review site (steparu), but in Mabinogi Heroes (vindictus) Korea they get max 60 tokens (normal 50 + 10 if u help low levels party or revive teammates). It costs 2 tokens to go onto a dungeon past the newbie one, and then it costs more if u do the same dungeon more than seven times, meaning around 30 dungeon runs per 60 tokens. The tokens reset Friday and Monday (so max 120 a week?). I actually don't hate this as 1. it gives me a reason to take a break and 2. no one can ubergrind their way to the top, thus making casual gamers like myself feel less left behind.

Then again, the hardcore MMOers over here number far less, so who knows if they'll bring the system over. Maybe one of the closed beta players can fill us in @_@
Well in LaTale when I was playing it takes 2 months for casual players to reach level 80 (2nd class) and that's with cash shop exp stuff. Some... don't make it. At the start of the EU beta though we didn't have no cash shop (heck no guild either), still me and my grind h00re buddies did it in a week. I even did it on fire wizzard of all classes. Believe it or not that was the healer route, lol.

I think the biggest challenge is going to be picking the right class. If I end up playing more then one character I think I will just end up dropping it. That always happens when I create character herds -- it's like a repetitive pattern.

Is someone from here in? Which character archtype is not useless in this game (and I mean later on in the game too), out of: healer, tank, dps. I ask because some games just have some classes for the sake of having them and nothing more.