View Single Post
Old 2010-12-30, 17:25   Link #15138
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
- it's not flashy enough
This is most likely the pivotal reason, a shield will look really out of place on Signum, she always has been a face-to-face fighter, that's the advantage of magical shields they can appear to fullfil their purpouse and dissapear to allow the mage/knight to continue the ass-kicking(and also using their own magic circle/triangle as a light shield looks really cool), itanshi1 is right on that even an actual shield probably represents no problem for a reacted Huckebein, the higher indicartor is the Fortress Mode itself, Nanoha's famous defensive magic is rendered useless, the only solution? replace it with three huge-sized, floating, grossed shields, because magical shields are a lot tougher and stronger than normal ones(S1 Fate's Round Shield is able to withstand Nanoha's Divine Buster, an attack capable of blowing up freakin giant mechas). Still the Fortress Mode is for the most part "Awesome but Impractical", even toughlooks to be pretty efficient i still don't get totally convinced by Nanoha using such a saturated equipement, she's like a fast bird flying on the sky but she looks now more like a floating castle xDU.

The same goes for Signum, it will be jarring if she receives something similar to the Fortress mode, i prefer some sleeker equipement(one the suits her Lightning Bruiser style).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Directly converting magic into physical force may get around the magic nullifying thing, but you're still firing a gun at Superman
That's what i meant, the AEC equipement give the Section Six mages the chance to actually fight back without getting all their attacks cancelled, but an effective method to actually defeat a Huckbein is yet to be seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Signum has discovered the Spartan Shield.

Signum gets +50 to defense and +40 to offense.
...and -30 Coolness xDU

The spartan way is cool when you're on groups and on a defensive stance, Signum is an offensive focused warrior and also lacks the group of people necessary to make said shield strategy effective(they were uhm... 300 you know xDU).

Tsuzuki is you by chance read this forums and don't hate me by this point ....give Signum a super-scabbard with defensive qualities, it will be all kinds of cool xD!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~