View Single Post
Old 2011-05-31, 02:36   Link #95
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think a lot of the frenzy over "What is Menma's wish?" and indeed, "What is Menma?" is projection. They've been much more of a topic here than they have in the series itself.

That said, it's true that they certainly have been a topic in the canon material. So I expect, as you say, that Mari-san will give some sort of closure to those questions in the end - the show won't simply roll credits while pretending those questions don't exist. I simply think they won't be the focus of the final episode - merely a step along the way, with the characters realizing that there were other things that were more important. I don't think she owes us a scientific white paper on the nature of Menma, and I think it's debatable whether she owes us a specific answer on the wish. I could understand why someone would be nettled if we don't get one, but it won't matter all that much to me.

Sometimes, you have to accept that the question is more important than the answer, and the journey more important than the destination. Thus it may end up being with Menma's nature - and that would be perfectly fine with me.