View Single Post
Old 2012-03-02, 17:17   Link #138
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
I agree with you, but I am a bit confused with the arm theory that Shu had to lose it to draw out his void. Are you saying that the lost arm is a mean to stepping up his strength and bear the 3th genome, but it could be any other meaningful thing? or it had to be that arm? As I see it is more that his void is his arm just because he lost it.
Here is how i understand it. The problem with Voids is that its very personal you are peeking inside the heart of another. Also, peoples Voids change as their hearts and experiences change as well. Everyone thought Sergei was crazy (he kind of was) but Sergei was looking for something specific he wanted to see the moment when one persons heart touches another. Inori's Void has always been Shu's strongest Void because of his feelings for her and Inori even though she had no idea what it was felt the same way.

If Shu did not lose his arm he would not have gone through the Soul searching he did when Inori left. His desire to save Inori and save everyone else no matter the cost was his first was the key. He made this decision on his own no one forced it on him for once Shu's mind and heart are in unison. Now combine his new found confidence with the bonding of the 3rd Genome and Shu's Void became that what he need most to achieve his a goals. Im willing to bet that Shu's void was something different before he lost his arm.

You are right his Void is his arm because he lost it just like Ayase's Void are legs because hers are not functional. The main point is that Shu's arm is metaphor for a multitude of things in the series and he would have never have gained the new found confidence and determination. Everyone thinks Shu is a bad ass now but they are skipping over exactly what led up to him becoming a bad ass. Honestly, the best thing that could have happen to him was losing his arm.