View Single Post
Old 2006-04-21, 18:41   Link #72
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
So, yeah, it was a pretty good episode. I wasn't really all there, so I honestly caught no more tha 60% of the stuff that went down, but what I did see was pretty good.

Spoiler:

A good episode. I had it's pluses and minuses but it mostly stayed in the positive territory. The improvement was that the second-rate characters didn't look generic at all (Top looked like he'll play a role later on), but this episode didn't have any of the lavish animation of the 1st ep. Basically, it was a normal anime episode, not really special, but not bad either. The story seems to be developing and the animation stayed consistent with the original character designs.

I like Third and Tiz. Third evokes a very soft-spoken version of Allen Shezar (while not being too bishounen-y), while Tiz is a cute tomboyish girl who looks like she has her wits fully with her. She seems to like Thor, but not because it's hot steaming RABURABU at first sight, but rather because she likes his dedication and character. She isn't a feminist man-hating amazon warrior either. Just a good girl who knows her way around and managed to survive in a harsh environment without becoming cruel or "hard-assed". Same thing can be said about the Third.