View Single Post
Old 2011-06-10, 10:03   Link #1592
justpassingby

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroknight03 View Post
So she's both Kaguya-hime and Orihime? That's some special titles Houki's carrying.
Don't know which princess should Houki be. In the novel, after the bath and Aunt Yukiko (translate into Child of the Snow) put make up on Houki, she felt like she's a different person when she looks herself in the mirror, like a princess from somewhere else. Houki also realized she's in happy mood recently (vol 4 pg 156).
This is followed with Aunt Yukiko bringing Shinonono's Treasured Sword from the altar, and asked if Houki still has the Folding Fan. Then some description of Shinonono's Two Swords Style , and she performed the Kagura. The dance ended with the sword (on right hand, while the fan on the left) 'cutting the sky' (pg 158). And all this and many more in vol 04 will not make it to the anime

Notice how people around Houki are blessed with good/cute names, but not her. I like Tatenashi's down to earth name too (Plaque-less) or is it "Without the Shield"

Do take note that in both tales the princesses doesn't have "Happy Ending", (depending on how you define happy), and I'm prepared to face any endings the author planned for her, of course without any interruption/pressure/demand from fans

I still thinks Tabane is the bad guy girl, with Kuu as the Monkey, and Squall & Co. are the foxes, (of course Autumn is the Spider). And my instinct says Ugachi is a weapon to combat Chifuyu, while Amadzuki is to fight Tabane
There are 8-9 years gap betweeen Tabane and Houki, and I'm sure things happened before Houki had her first cry in the world and perhaps Tabane had her first happy/evil/whatever smile.
Yep I like my heroines' stories grim dark :P

Last edited by justpassingby; 2011-06-10 at 10:53.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote