View Single Post
Old 2013-07-22, 14:46   Link #189
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
It's not that simple. Originally he had no idea that him beating up Accelerator would change anything. As far as he knew Accelerator would just turn around and do it again the next day if he did that. Then he got the idea from Misaka of trying to mess with what the researchers think of Accelerator.

I'd like to see how rational your thinking would be after seeing somebody killed and then learning about a conspiracy that's killing thousands more. Yes he was panicked and didn't immediately realize what he needed to do, but that's just because he's human
He had that info long before he let Misaka attack him, and he could have said he'd think of something instead of pulling you won't pass method to provoke her...

And
Spoiler for ep 15:

Quote:
Misaka was freaking out and he was trying to let her calm down by using him as a punching bag. Again, he didn't know he was going to have to immediately go fight Accelerator. Hindsight is 20/20 and all that.
Misaka freaked out because of his attitude, because he was stopping to stop her with literally nothing but ideals and not giving real thought or reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
As Misaka said, if she defeated Accelerator the researchers would decide that was within the acceptable margin of error. A level 5 losing to another level 5 wouldn't be seen as a big deal. A level 5 losing at a level 0 is.

Spoiler for Episode 15:
Spoiler for ep 15:

And sorry I just don't buy that when the whole experiment is based around the assumption Accelerator is the strongest losing to anyone would upset their calculations, as according to the clones if he had fought and killed Misaka seriously it would have upset the calculation enough to be beyond correction, so I can only assume that her being part of defeating him would also greatly upset their calculation.

So again I see it as excuse for Touma to go solo and be the "hero" to justify his ego to treat Misaka as a helpless child, when even just defensively her power could helped Touma defeat Accelerator easier.

And lastly I don't hate Touma, so much as the Author for how poorly this part was written.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote