View Single Post
Old 2006-04-23, 21:21   Link #27
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
...the show is so scattershot and confusing.
Yes, for sure. But that is part of the deal, I think. It gets you involved by forcing to get in there and try to fill in the gaps. I know I'm going to be understanding more each time I watch, and maybe never understanding everything. Like life.

In the terms used by the media theorist Marshall McLuhan, the show is "cool," not serving you up a clear, full story, but leaving a lot for the viewer to infer, and thereby getting the viewer more involved.

Another thing I liked in the early sequence in the club room: in the shot from outside the window, you could see everyone but Yuki, who was hidden by a window-frame -- except for her feet. That's like a direct demonstration of a "cool" scene, I guess.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.