Thread: Licensed Rosario+Vampire Manga
View Single Post
Old 2008-09-17, 13:27   Link #3299
Nemuru

As long as it contain's manga material for the majority of the series I will be content with that. Hopefully it won't follow To-love-ru route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple
Actually it was a typical Viz hatchet and rewrite job. They do the same for just about every shonen title they release. 'm also betting that the later scenes will either have the nipples edited out, or clothing added to ver them up. It seems to be the norm for Viz sadly.

Oddly, they don't do this with their shojo line, only their shonen line. Guess the shojo team is run by people with brains
I'm kind of interesting on what you mean by a hatchet job, since I'm not familiar with the world of manga. Do you mean the translation? localisation? Or just changing minor detail of the characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin
The anime, hands down

at least Viz still had the storyline... blame the damned editors for those mistakes
If you're talking about the manga I find something wrong with this comment. In general a licensing of the manga in other countries should have the same story/character as its original counterpart and the only difference should be the mere translation of the series. Having the storyline isn't a reason as it is suppose to be a translation.

While the anime in a sense had a difference in goal and is merely a loose representation of the manga in anime form something intentionally.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote