View Single Post
Old 2007-09-16, 18:25   Link #439
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
FREEDOM indirectly kills Shinn's parents (This is shown in episode 1), but in the Shinn recap episode (ep 20 "Past") they change it to imply it was CALAMITY's blast of attrition that did it...All in an effort to wipe the blood from Kira's hands (which they have done multiple times in this series)...Obviously Shinn never had a chance to be a successful character, and I repeat no character in the history of literary works, from Aristotle and Shakesphere to Quinten Tarentino and Steven Spielberg, has there ever been an intended main character who has ever had the story completely taken away from them and their ability to drive the plot nullified...But rather than make another long post defending SHinn (which I have successfully done morso than any member on this entire board) I'd like to give someone else a chance...Azure22 seems to be a good candidate...
I agree.

Ya know, someone said that Shinn is a human character. Kira sucked in GSD because he turned into a "god". Shinn turned into nothing but a villain w/ no reason at all.

If Shinn was given good character development....
Shinn_Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote