View Single Post
Old 2013-01-17, 08:52   Link #1248
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

I remember when they said this was going to be a prequel to Devil May Cry 3 for some reason. I wasn't really impressed with the way Dante looked and the way he smoked, but it kinda grew on me and I got over that he used to be that way, 'least we know he turns into a likable character...Actually it's really hard to believe he ever used to act like that.

Then a year later (or was it that same year?) they said it was going to be a reboot. The series had a lot of loose ends that needed to be tied or expanded on, they could've made a reboot that had you play as Sparda, meeting and fighting Mundus' Generals (Phantom & Griffin) or maybe as Nero, or maybe not, his story was pretty much over and finished and he looked like he was ready to settle down with kyrie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Depends- Did Capcom also ask them to defend that decision by saying how the Original Dante would be laughed out of the bar? Or that what was cool then isn't cool now?
I think that was Tameem who said Dante would be laughed out of a bar, new Dante probably wont even be allowed to enter a bar since he beats up helpless people who just do their jobs.

Since when would Dante go to a bar anyway? No one seems to mind him dressed up like he is when he goes out to eat Strawberry sundaes.
Celestia Ludenberg is offline   Reply With Quote