View Single Post
Old 2008-05-19, 23:06   Link #73
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

*Is blown away by ghaz's yelling*

Clearly I need to think about this a bit more if there's so much wrong with this idea. Now let's break this down piece by piece.

Quote:
How does one jump from the Ground Forces AKA the ARMY to the AIR FORCE?! Explain to me, how exactly does one, who has been trained in the art of war meant for the Ground, suddenly jump into training for something meant for the Air Force?!
I am under the impression that GFA is essentially combat magic school for beginners. If you have the talent to become an Air mage, you can then move into the Air forces, where the workload and, hence, magical stresses on the body are generally higher. I specifically remember something being said about how you have to be at least an A-rank mage to get into the Air Force right off the bat, which implies that a transfer from the GFA is not only possible but probably rather common, since natural A-ranks and above (our beloved Aces for instance) are going to be as rare as hen's teeth.

If you have definite proof that that's not the case, by all means show it to me and I'll take this back to the drawing board.

Quote:
The Blaster System, was Nanoha's own design! The Blaster System is part of Raising Heart, just as Excellion, Aggressor, and Exceed are part of the system that is known as Raising Heart.
The entry I read for the SAFA says that they "test new weapon systems and tactics". To my way of thinking, the Blaster System is something Nanoha is essentially putting through a rather rigorous field test.

Also....
Quote:
The Blaster System is part of Raising Heart
So was the cartridge system. You mean to tell me that the CVK-72 never got put through testing before Raising Heart got one installed? Puh-lease. All Xiro did was put the BS through field testing before handing it off to Nanoha, he didn't invent the bloody thing.

Quote:
Another thing, it's Nanoha's JOB to test every single new weapons system that comes through her department.
No, it's the job of the SAFAs in general. If you've got a pair of mages partnered up and working together, why not have each handle the work that they like the most, assuming that it doesn't otherwise interfere with their duties?

Quote:
FRAGRACH?! HAVE YOU ACTUALLY SEEN Fate/Hallow Atraxia?!!!! Fragrach is a bloody blade! Not some three piece Lance!
No, but I have taken a quick glance at the Ullster cycle. Fragarach is a blade that grants it's wielder control over the wind. Are you seeing the reference now?

And calm down before you give yourself a hernia, ghaz.

Quote:
Okay you had better do better research on how to reduce drag, because a simple bubble shape won't do it. I will leave it at that.
*epic facepalm*

It's called "magic" ghaz. It doesn't necessarily have to work the way real life does, you know?

Quote:
What a moot spell, and such a direct copy of Shirou's Reinforcement Sorcery.
....yeah..... and your point is?

Quote:
Okay...explain to me PHYSICALLY how does the AIR around is distort images for a sustained flight?!
Go back and rewatch that video of Sora vs Xaldin, ghaz. He's actually teleporting and creating the same effect. How? Well gee, I dunno....could it be magic?

Quote:
Do you even know what in the world creates a "crack of thunder"? Most definitely not wind!
Sound, ghaz. It sounds like a crack of thunder, it is not a crack of thunder. That would be the domain of lightning spells.

Quote:
I'm not going to even look at the other stuff, because I'm getting a bloody headache out of this.
If something as minor as a flawed idea is giving you a headache, then you need to calm down and stop taking this so seriously, ghaz.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote