View Single Post
Old 2008-05-20, 03:34   Link #80
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I've been sort of absent, I know, but I recently managed to pick up a copy of Grandia.

Imagine me falling out of my bed in surprise when I saw my name come across the screen not even a few minutes into play.

Of course, that just begs for an OC-fication. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormturmoil View Post
Rebuild of Turmoil

Spoiler for lengthy profile:

Spoiler:

Mahou Shounen Medical David, Hajimarimas
I like what you did with it. The Savant abillity has H4XX potentional, but that is mostly negated by his B-rank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Shortly after being placed in the SAFA, Xiro was partnered with Takamachi Nanoha. While his “partner in crime” was more interested in training new recruits than in testing new weaponry, Xiro took the opposite route, becoming a test pilot for a wide array of new advancements, including the prototype of the Blaster System, which he recommended to Nanoha under the condition that she exercise extreme caution in its’ usage.
Hmm, I'm agreeing with the others here, I have no problems with him being in the SAFA, but it doesn't make much sense for him to have tested the Blaster System, much less adviced Nanoha to have used it (on another note, Nanoha too participated in the testing of new weaponry, there is nothing to indicate she prefered training above her other duties).

Quote:
It was during this brief time, however, that Xiro also began to develop strong feelings for his coworker. Attracted to Nanoha by her eternally-upbeat attitude and positive outlook on life (among many many other reasons), Xiro managed to ask Nanoha out on several “friendly outings” together, which Nanoha accepted under the belief that she was merely spending time with a friend. It wasn’t until several weeks into their one-sided relationship that Xiro happened to catch Nanoha and Fate in the middle of a private moment, shattering any illusions he’d had that Nanoha returned his feelings.
*blink* Uhm... what? Oh, wait, this is another character that is for private use, isn't it? Because... you know... Nanoha and Fate aren't like that canonically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
This isn't even HAXX. Your execution on this particular trait of Xiro is nothing but sheer stupidity.

How does one jump from the Ground Forces AKA the ARMY to the AIR FORCE?! Explain to me, how exactly does one, who has been trained in the art of war meant for the Ground, suddenly jump into training for something meant for the Air Force?!
Because that's how the TSAB works, Ghaz.

Spoiler for IS: Silver Retriever:

Unless you're A-ranked or above, you can't start flight training, which means that 90% of the Air Force mages will start in the Ground Force. Even Teana is in the Ground Force with the idea of rising to the Air Force once she has enough experience. Xiro's bio is nothing out of the ordinary in that regard.

Quote:
The entry I read for the SAFA says that they "test new weapon systems and tactics". To my way of thinking, the Blaster System is something Nanoha is essentially putting through a rather rigorous field test.
While you could look at it that way, doesn't that also mean that it is Nanoha, not Xiro, that participated in its testing?

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-05-20 at 04:31.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote